41. Add best-selling travel fiction
to your to-read list, like Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and On the Road by Jack Kerouac, both of which follow travelers discovering other cultures as well as themselves.
42. Read novels with characters living in other countries to get a grasp of the cultural intricacies
. Our picks: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, which is based in Afghanistan, and Pachinko by Min Jin Lee, about a Korean immigrant in Japan.
43. Explore other worlds with fantasy books like The Lord of the Rings
and The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkein who gives readers a thorough tour of Middle Earth.
44. Give sci-fi novels a go with books like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
, which is the ultimate space travel book for those with limitless imaginations.
45. Grow your library by buying the best-selling biographies and memoirs about famous international figures
like South African Trevor Noah's book Born a Crime.
For the best-selling
guide to traveling with kids
, be sure to check out our very own The Traveling with Kids Guide
, an Amazon #1 New Release & Best-Seller.